Youth Mental Health First Aid
Start Date: 17th November 22
End Date: 18th November 22
Location: Leeds, LS8
Price: £150 Bursaries are available for individuals based in Leeds and meeting specific eligiblity criteria.
If your Bursary application is successful, the cost of the 2 day course will be £50.00. The remainder of the course fee will be paid for by the Bursary Fund.
To qualify for a bursary you need to meet one of the 3 criteria:
- Organisations working directly with youths aged 11 – 18 years
- School Nurses working with youths aged 11 – 18 years
- Accident & Emergency staff
In order to qualify for this subsidised rate of £50.00, delegates MUST attend ON BOTH DAYS of the course. Failure to attend the entire course will result in an extra charge of £100 being levied.
AIM This course teaches participants how to recognise and respond appropriately to signs of mental ill health in young people.
At the end of the two-day course, participants will be able to:
• Spot the early signs of a mental health problem in young people
• Feel confident helping a young person
• Provide help on a first aid basis
• Help protect a young person who might be at risk of harm
• Help a young person recover faster
• Guide a young person towards the right support
• Reduce the stigma of mental health problems
This is an internationally recognised two-day course specifically designed for those people who teach, work, live with or care for young people aged 11 – 18. This course teaches participants how to spot the early warning signs and symptoms of mental ill-health in young people. It provides information about topics such as anxiety, depression, self-harm, eating disorders, alcohol and drug use and explains the impact that mental ill-health in young people can have on adolescent development. A practical, skills-based approach helps participants gain the confidence to offer meaningful support to young people in distress.