SafeTALK - Being You Leeds
Start Date: 15th November 23
Price: FREE to all frontline workers in Leeds including volunteers and peer mentors
This training is being funded by Being You Leeds to increase access to Mental Health Training for:
- community organisations, charities and non-profit organisations
- volunteers as well as paid workers
We are keen to ensure that those attending either work or volunteer for:
- organisations working within the most deprived areas of Leeds or
- organisations supporting socially excluded groups and communities with the worst health outcomes
To qualify for a free place, you must also be (working or volunteering) directly supporting people (i.e. a frontline worker).
Wednesday 15th November 09.30- 13.30
At the end of the morning, course participants will be able to:
• Recognise those who may be at risk of suicide
• Ask individuals clearly and openly about their thoughts of suicide
• Connect individuals at risk to local sources of help
This SafeTALK training is brought to you is association with Being You Leeds, a new a city-wide preventative mental health wellbeing service. Being You Leeds will be running wellbeing groups and activities 7 days a week, including evenings and weekends. The service will focus on wellbeing, staying well in your community and anti-stigma messaging.
Most people with thoughts of suicide invite help. Often these opportunities are missed, ignored or avoided, leaving people more alone and at greater risk. SafeTALK training prepares you to help by using TALK (Tell, Ask, Listen and KeepSafe) to recognise and talk to people with thoughts of suicide and to connect them with further help. This three-hour course is suitable for anyone who may come into contact with individuals at risk of suicide, either at work or in their personal life. It is not suitable for those who have recently been bereaved by suicide.