Mental Health First Aid Online
Start Date: 17th March 21
End Date: 24th March 21
Price: FREE for frontline staff and professionals working in Leeds
Please note this course takes place over two dates, and requires online learning prior to each live online session.
Participants must complete the pre-course learning activities and attend both live session dates as below:
- Wednesday 17th March 10:00 – 16:00
- AND Wednesday 24th March 10:00 – 16:00
AIM: This course teaches participants how to recognise and respond appropriately to signs of emotional distress.
This two-day course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider, giving you:
• An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
• Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
• Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
• Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
• Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support
The new online version of the course delivers the same evidence-based learning outcomes of the popular ‘face-to-face’ Adult MHFA Two Day course in an accessible and flexible online format. The course is structured around a blend of individual learning and live sessions. The MHFA England Online Learning Hub is an integrated learning platform that provides a one-stop “hub” for learners. From one login, learners can access, interact with, and complete their learning modules for both their individual learning and instructor-led live sessions.