Mental Health First Aid Online
Start Date: 3rd February 22
End Date: 4th February 22
Location: 1000 - 1600 each day, Leeds
Price: FREE for frontline staff and professionals working in Leeds
Please note this course takes place over two dates, and requires online learning prior to each session.
Participants must complete the pre-course learning activities and attend both live session dates as below:
- Thursday 3rd February 1000 – 1600
- Friday 4th February 1000 – 1600
AIM: This course teaches participants how to recognise and respond appropriately to signs of emotional distress.
This two-day course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider, giving you:
• An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
• Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
• Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
• Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
• Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support
The course is structured around a blend of individual learning and live sessions. The MHFA England Online Learning Hub is an integrated learning platform that provides a one-stop “hub” for learners. From one login, learners can access, interact with, and complete their learning modules for both their individual learning and instructor-led live sessions.