Mental Health First Aid
Start Date: 19th December 18
End Date: 20th December 18
Location: Oakwood, Leeds
Price: Free to Leeds professionals and frontline staff
IMPORTANT BOOKING INFORMATION: This free course on this date is open only to Leeds professionals and frontline staff. For eligible applicants, please download and complete “Mentally Healthy Leeds Booking Form” to the right and return to email@example.com. Feel free to email or call us on 0113 273 9675 for more information.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
• Recognise and respond appropriately to signs of mental ill health
• Feel confident helping someone experiencing a problem
• Help stop a mental illness from getting worse
• Help someone recover faster
• Guide someone towards the right support
• Reduce the stigma of mental health problems
MHFA is an internationally recognised, accredited two-day course that teaches people how to recognise and respond appropriately to signs of mental ill health. The practical, skills based approach demystifies mental health problems and challenges the stigma and discrimination that surrounds mental illness. Participants will learn about anxiety, depression, psychosis and suicide and will gain an understanding about risk factors, signs and symptoms and the range of available treatments.