Start Date: 24th October 23
End Date: 24th October 23
AIM To provide mental health practitioners with an awareness of ligature risk and to provide a demonstration of how to use a Cut-Down tool.
At the end of the course participants will:
- To understand what is a ligature
- How to formulate risk and learn good practice
- Explore the historical context relating to ligatures
- Explore why a person would use a ligature
- Explore advance directives
- Participate in a practical exercise using cut down tools
This half-day awareness course has been developed to provide practitioners with a firm understanding of ligature risks facing front line practitioners. Delegates will learn how to understand ligatures and the use of ligatures in the workplace and create a positive and inclusive environment. Please note this training is not suitable for anyone who has recently been bereaved by suicide.