Emergency First Aid at Work
Start Date: 3rd March 21
Location: Oakwood, Leeds
AIM This course is aimed at all staff and volunteers working in health and social care.
Duration: Full day
At the end of the course, participants will:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of an emergency first-aider
- Know how to assess an incident
- Manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
- Manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- Recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- Manage a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- Manage a casualty who is in shock
- Understand how to manage a casualty with a minor injury
The Emergency First Aid at Work course (EFAW) is ideal for all businesses whose risk assessment has identified that there is no requirement for a fully trained first-aider for their workplace. The certificate is valid for 3 years. To renew, you need to attend another EFAW 6-hour course.