Breakaway Techniques Training
Start Date: 12th October 20
Location: Oakwood, Leeds LS8
- Recognise that challenging behaviours in a variety of services is an attempt to communicate unmet needs.
- To offer learners the opportunity to develop their understanding of these needs and practice. strategies for promoting choices and therefore being able to work more effectively to reduce the behaviours.
- Explore different service user groups and their typical behaviour presentations.
- To offer learners the opportunity to focus on likely factors that can generate, aggravate or improve behaviours that challenge.
- Adaptive communication skills with different groups and how this reduces stresses in both the worker and the service user.
- Demonstrate a safe range of ethical physical interventions in line with the BILD code of practice and UK Law.