Basic Life Support First Aid
Start Date: 22nd January 19
Location: Oakwood, Leeds
AIM This course is aimed at all staff and volunteers working in health and social care.
At the end of the course participants will:
- Have a greater understanding of basic life support and CPR
- Be able to introduce basic first aid skills, ensuring that EMS are called and professional medical help gained
- Think about possible dangers, therefore reducing the chance of an accident happening
- Know the importance of immediate professional care and how to activate it
- Have learnt adult, child and infant BLS skills
This course covers Basic Life Support skills and includes skills for adult, child and infant as well as healthcare variations on infant CPR. The course includes the following: safety precautions, initial assessment, recovery position, CPR, compression-only CPR, CPR handover and choking. This is ideal for nurses, care workers or medical professionals needing annual updates to complete professional membership. The course is valid for one year and complies with the latest ERC and UK Resuscitation Council Guidelines.