Young Dementia Leeds
£20,592 per annum pro rata
20 hours per week
Do you want to make a positive difference in people’s lives who are affected by dementia?
We are looking for Support Workers to join our Young Dementia Leeds (YDL) Service.
We work with younger adults (those aged under 65) living with dementia to live as well as possible, improving their sense of well-being, and putting people in more control of their own lives.
You’ll be working within a supportive and dedicated team within the community and at the Young Dementia Hub where we work openly, combining our strengths, helping us to achieve more together.
So do you:
• Have a positive approach to dementia
• Build strong and trusting relationships
• Have good communication skills
• Have the confidence to work on your own in the community
You’ll ideally have experience; however, we appreciate that not everyone can tick every single box. So, if you can do most of what we’re looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be exactly what we need!
So, what’s in it for you?
We pride ourselves on looking after our colleagues, as we know our people are the driving force behind our success. You’ll benefit from:
Commitment to flexible working
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising to 30 days
• Many learning and career development opportunities, with paid and tailored training
• Free Employee Assistance Programme 24/7 including access to counselling and GP services
• Employer contributory pension scheme
• Good maternity, paternity, and adoption benefits
• Care workers discounts
• Access to our Employee Networks including BAME, LGBT+, Mental Health and Wellbeing etc.
• Health and wellbeing opportunities
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Access to Corporate Health Plan
For more information and to apply please click here.
We aim for our workforce to reflect the diverse and exciting region we serve and welcome applications from everyone, so come as you are and join us.
Closing Date 23:59 Sunday 24th April 2022
Interviews to be held on: 11th May 2022